He drew 26½ votes and edged Baker

linchao
The last guest column during Peter King’s vacation is a doozy.Colts G.M. Chris Ballard Andrew Luck Jersey , the PFT 2018 Executive of the Year (the prize was simply the satisfaction), peels back the curtain on the scouting process. Not entirely, but enough to shed some light on how decisions get made by one of the NFL’s best decision-makers.One of Ballard’s first orders of business after becoming the G.M. in Indianapolis was to hire Brian Decker, a former Green Beret who helps the team interview draft prospects. The attraction? “[H]is unique interviewing techniques help us strip away the agent-speak and happy talk that surround so many players in the draft process,” Ballard writes.Careful not to reveal “any trade secrets,” Ballard explains the five general questions that Decker tries to answer: (1) whether the player has a favorable developmental profile; (2) whether he has a profile that supports handling pressure and adversity; (3) whether he has a good learning and decision-making capacity; (4) whether he is a character risk, and, if so, whether the team can do anything to support him; and (5) whether he’s a fit.After learning about Decker in this article from Seth Wickersham of ESPN, Ballard got to know Decker while Ballard worked for the Chiefs. Ballard eventually decided to hire Decker, if Ballard ever had the chance to do it. Ballard did, shortly after the 2017 draft.“I can’t sit here and say I knew exactly what his role was going to be, but I did have a strong conviction that Decker would really help us get to the core of a player’s football character, which in turn would help us in our hit rate in the draft,” Ballard writes. “His role has really grown in two years and has become a valuable resource to our coaches Womens Darius Leonard Jersey , scouts, and players.”Based on the success of the Colts with Ballard running the show, and with Decker helping him, it’s working. Extremely well. After landing a couple of first-team All-Pros in 2018 with the assistance of Decker, it will be interesting to see what their 2019 rookies can do to help Indianapolis build on an unexpected playoff berth from a year ago. ATLANTA (AP) — Patrick Mahomes’ breathtaking breakthrough season earned him the NFL’s Most Valuable Player award.The Chiefs quarterback landed a pair of honors at NFL Honors on Saturday night, taking The Associated Press 2018 MVP and Offensive Player of the Year awards. In his second pro season, Mahomes led Kansas City to its first AFC title game since 1993 with some of the most creative and clutch plays the league has seen in years.“I’m so humbled,” he said. “This is just the beginning. We’ve got a long ways to go.“It is an honor. It’s a hard award to win. The next award I hope I can get is the Super Bowl.”Mahomes received 41 votes from a nationwide panel of media members who regularly cover the league. New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees got the other nine.With only one previous start, Mahomes entered the season as something of a curiosity in Kansas City after the Chiefs traded veteran Alex Smith to open up the job. It didn’t take long to erase any doubts as Mahomes led the Chiefs to their first AFC title game since the 1993 season, throwing for 50 touchdowns, 5,097 yards and had a 113.8 QB rating, trailing only Brees.Mahomes’ ingenuity — the guy can throw from all angles and make plays inside and outside the pocket — energized the Chiefs’ fan base and excited fans across the league.“The play is never dead. He can find new ways to get you the ball,” Chiefs All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce said. “It may look like a screwball, a slider here or there Peyton Manning Jersey White , but it’ll get to you eventually.”Mahomes is the sixth straight quarterback and 11th of the past 12 years to win MVP. No Kansas City player had won the award since the Chiefs joined the NFL in 1970.Earlier, he was selected as the top offensive player, beating Brees 30 votes to 16.“Yeah, I mean, it’s awesome … I got put into a great situation,” he said. “I got to learn behind a great quarterback in Alex Smith. I got to be on a team with a lot of playmakers who helped me excel my game and make me look really good on a daily basis. And, then, to be able to go out there and win football games in front of a passionate fan base is something I get the luxury of doing.”Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who will play in Sunday’s Super Bowl against New England, took his second straight Defensive Player of the Year award.Donald, the only unanimous All-Pro this season and the first Rams player selected for top defensive honor, joins Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt as players to win the award in back-to-back seasons. Donald led the NFL with 20½ sacks.“Any time you put a body of work into it and then it pays off,” Donald said, “and you’re rewarded for it, it means a lot. It’s a blessing.”Chicago’s Matt Nagy Womens Andrew Luck Jersey , in his first season with the Bears, was voted Coach of the Year.Nagy has overseen the development of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, who blossomed in his second pro season, and saw a defense befitting the “Monsters of the Midway” dominate opponents at times. He is the fifth Bears coach to win the award, joining team founder George Halas (1963, 1965), Mike Ditka (1985, 1988), Dick Jauron (2001) and Lovie Smith (2005).“It’s crazy to think this is one person, so for me, it’s being a part of this organization and for our players,” Nagy said. “Just being able to believe in what we wanted to do with our culture and then follow through with it.”Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was chosen the Comeback Player of the Year, following a lost 2017 season to a shoulder injury with a sensational 2018 campaign.“I truly believe there are players on every team, every roster that could be Comeback Player of the Year in their own ways,” he said. “Honestly Malik Hooker Jersey , the best part was playing football again — having fun playing football and being pain free.”Giants running back Saquon Barkley was the top offensive rookie, while the defensive rookie award went to Indianapolis linebacker Darius Leonard.Described by some as a “generational running back,” Barkley rushed for 1,307 yards and 11 touchdowns behind a weak New York offensive line. He drew 26½ votes and edged Baker Mayfield. The Cleveland quarterback who was selected first overall in the draft, one spot in front of Barkley, earned 21½ votes.Barkley also made a team-high 91 receptions for 721 yards, and his 2,028 yards from scrimmage led the NFL.For his work as defensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears, Vic Fangio got the head coaching gig in Denver. He also won The Associated Press 2018 NFL Assistant Coach of the Year Award on Saturday.Philadelphia Eagles DE Chris Long won the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for community service.“I don’t know, I’m very humbled,” Long said. “It’s hard to feel deserving with those guys on stage and, obviously, this guy right here on the statue. It’s a very heavy statue and it makes sense because his legacy is immense. I’m just honored.”
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.