ESPN’s Jordan Ranaan says he doesn’t believe Giants

ESPN’s Jordan Ranaan says he doesn’t believe Giants

liny195
 will offer more than a third-round pick for the Arizona quarterback. Is he right? Is Washington now the front-runner for Rosen? Let’s discuss."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Infant Darius Slayton Jersey , Week 17New York Giants NewsIs idea Giants are “not in love with Josh Rosen” correct?New,238commentsESPN’s Jordan Ranaan says he doesn’t believe Giants will offer more than a third-round pick for the Arizona quarterback. Is he right? Is Washington now the front-runner for Rosen? Let’s discuss.EDTShareTweetShareShareIs idea Giants are “not in love with Josh Rosen” correct?Josh RosenMatt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports“The Giants are not in love with Josh Rosen. Fact.”That was ESPN’s Jordan Ranaan on his “Breaking Big Blue” podcast recently. Ranaan went on to say that you could “forget about it” if the Arizona Cardinals’ asking price for Rosen was the Giants’ 17th overall pick and that the Giants probably wouldn’t give up their second-round pick (37th overall) for Rosen, either.What do I agree with and what, if anything, do I not agree with from Ranaan’s commentary?I think it’s easy to make the case that the Giants don’t “love” Rosen. They Darius Slayton Jersey Draft , of course, passed on the opportunity to draft him a year ago. Maybe they would have taken Rosen or Sam Darnold a year ago if GM Dave Gettleman hadn’t been ga-ga for Saquon Barkley. We will never know.Do the Giants like Rosen better than their options in this draft class? Do they like him enough take on the three years and roughly $6.3 million left on his rookie deal? Do they like him enough to pony up the second-round pick?I think they would rather not part with that 37th pick, but it isn’t completely out of the question.It also sounds like all of this might end up being moot if reports out of Washington are correct.NBC Sports Washington says Rosen is “perfect” for the Redskins and declares that Washington is now the front-runner for Rosen. If, course, Arizona decided to deal him.Here is what a Washington offer for Rosen might look like:Would the Giants be willing to match or exceed that offer? Time will tell. Like Percy Harvin in 2013 Darius Slayton NFL Jersey , the Vikings have no intent to trade Stefon Diggs. This time around, maybe they mean it.Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that the Vikings have not changed their position on Diggs, even though “a lot” of teams have called with trade interest.But here’s the reality: Only one player in the NFL currently is completely and totally untouchable, and that’s Patrick Mahomes. At some point, there could be an offer that makes the Vikings look objectively at: (1) the salary cap commitments for 2019 and 2020; (2) the cash commitments for 2019 and 2020; (3) the current offensive philosophy; (4) the extent to which Diggs is being used; and (5) the value that the Vikings are currently getting from Diggs Darius Slayton NFL Draft , quarterback Kirk Cousins, and receiver Adam Theilen.It’s one thing to say, “We’ve yet to get an offer we like for Diggs.” It’s quite another to say, “We’ll never, ever trade him.” The Vikings presumably are in the former position. Still Darius Slayton Buffalo Bills Jersey , unless they dig in their heels (as they are), they risk creating the perception that a trade is inevitable, forcing them to take the best offer they get instead of the one they want.Meanwhile, Diggs is with the Vikings in New Jersey and he’s expected to play against the Giants. We’ll see how a week filled with dysfunction results in changes if any to the team’s run-til-you-can’t-run-and-then-hope-for-the-best-in-the-passing-game approach.