Clay Matthews appeared to disapprove of the

Clay Matthews appeared to disapprove of the

liny195
 Packers’ re-issuing his No. 52 so quickly after his free agency departure to the Rams. After the Packers tweeted out a photoshoped image of Rashan Gary wearing Matthews’ old jersey Dexter Williams Jersey , Matthews replied, “The body’s not even cold yet lol.”Gary, a first-round draft pick, said Friday he requested 52.It perhaps for a different reason than expected, but the former Michigan star did realize it was Matthews’ old number.“Five minus 2 equals 3. I wore 3 in college,” Gary said, via Ryan Wood of the . “But Clay Matthews was a guy I used to watch his game a lot. I’m a bigger type of guy, but watching what he used to do, his passion for the game, man, I loved it. As soon as I saw it was open http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Jace-Sternberger-Jersey , I had to take it.”Gary has a long way to go to live up to the number. Matthews left Green Bay as the franchise’s all-time leader in sacks with 83.5, and tied with Reggie White and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila with four 10-sack seasons.“Coming to an organization like this, you understand the players that play here before you and the standard that you need to uphold,” Gary said. “Every time I wear that 52, it means a lot to me.” Green Bay holds an intriguing pick at number 12 that could go many different ways, but finding a day-one playmaker is critical." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDTShareTweetShareSharePackers Mock Draft 2019: Green Bay gets instant contributors at LB and WRPhoto by Wesley Hitt/Getty ImagesMuch has changed in one month as pro days have come and gone in preparation of the 2019 NFL Draft. And while not everything has changed since version one of my mock draft, the Green Bay Packers’ two selections have.Green Bay has a medley of routes it could go with both picks, especially its first. But the Packers have a unique opportunity with the 12th pick to draft a prospect with both a high ceiling and the ability to see the field right away. In version two of my mock draft, Green Bay was able to net two playmakers that could make a quick impression on the 2019 squad.Shawn’s Mock Draft, Version 2PickTeamPlayerPositionSchoolPreviousPickTeamPlayerPositionSchoolPreviousThe Packers are one team that holds a card early in the draft that could change the trajectory of the first round. Green Bay could opt for one of the draft’s top tight ends, one of the top edge rushers available Elgton Jenkins Jersey , an upper-tier offensive lineman, or a rangy inside linebacker. Perhaps this year more than any other, the Packers’ selection is a mystery. If the draft falls the way I anticipated, Green Bay will be in a predicament of having to overdraft a player.However, Bush is an ascending commodity in recent weeks and could be a player that helps the Packers’ defense immediately with his speed and ability to cover the field on third down.Yes, Green Bay does go wide receiver in round one for the first time since Javon Walker in 2002. Again, plenty of options exist for Green Bay including Dalton Risner, a versatile offensive lineman rising up my board, or even a safety like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson if available. But if Green Bay can add a receiver like AJ Brown, who could contribute in the slotwithout Randall Cobb in 2019 or line up outside, the team would really benefit. Brown is a more complete package at this point than his teammate D.K. Metcalf.Quarterbacks are a tricky proposition in the 2019 NFL Draft. I feel confident that Arizona http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Darnell-Savage-Jr.-Jersey , New York, and Denver would draft the players I’ve given them, but will the latter two teams have to trade up? And will Duke’s Daniel Jones sneak into the later portion of round one?One of my biggest risers since the last mock draft was Ed Oliver. Now that the cloud over the Houston disruptor has passed and his pro day has highlighted his athleticism, expect Oliver to jump into the top ten or even top five. If not, Green Bay could come calling at 12.Washington State’s Andre Dillard could be one of the draft’s biggest surprises depending on how individual teams rank the top offensive line prospects. Jawaan Taylor is the top tackle in my mock, but I would not be shocked to see Dillard’s name called first with his feet and quickness to stop edge rushers.Iowa’s two tight ends - Noah Fant and TJ Hockenson - stay where there were last time in pick-20 territory. However, there is a part of me that could see either player go much higher if certain teams see the right schematic fit. They make up two of the tougher players to predict this draft season.